New baby Felix is at a point where the latch is good but the supply is still low so we supplement breast feeding with a bottle feed. He is pretty high maintenance and fussy though and won’t lie down or sit in his swing for more than 10 minutes at a time. He loves to be held and close to me. This means at any point I am either holding him, or I need to put baby Felix in a sling so I have my hands free to do laundry, cook or play with toddler Xavier.
Here is my Sample Baby Schedule with a 5 week old baby who can’t be put down and a two year old toddle boys.
1:30 a.m.: Feed Felix, Pump
2 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.: Second sleep of the night
4:30 a.m.: Early-morning feeding for Felix and pumping if I have energy. (30-90 minutes). Xavier still asleep but light sleeper so I cannot put on TV.
5 – 6 a.m.: Morning Nap
6 a.m.: Both boys wake around the same time, time for breakfast.
- I put Felix in his chair and pray for 10-15 minutes scream free.
- I get X changed and I get him some of his messier food in his high chair (yogurt, cottage cheese, hummous, avocado/banana blend, toast with almond butter).
- I feed Felix
- I pump if I have the energy
7:30 a.m.: Dance Party
8 a.m.: Snack
- Give Xavier finger foods: cut up fruit; dry homemade waffles (whole wheat with veggies or pumpkin); crackers or puffs with veggies in them; organic but sugary cereal; goldfish.
- Feed Felix
- Monday- Head outside with the boys: playgroup, mall/errands, playdate, walk/park
- Tuesday- Structured Play with X while I wear Felix
- Wednesday- Babysitter takes X to playgroup, I pump and nap or run toddler-free errands/mommytime
- Thursday- Structured Play with X while I wear Felix
- Friday- Babysitter takes X to playgroup, I pump and nap or run toddler-free errands/mommytime
11 a.m.: Lunch
- Wearing Felix I get X his favourite food: “Fruit Squeezie” and either something light like crackers or heavy like a waffle depending on his mood that day
- Put Felix in his chair
- Give X his one milk bottle of the day, read him a story and put him in bed.
11:30 a.m-2/4pm.: X takes a 1-4 hour nap, taking 0-60 minutes of quiet time first.
- Feed Felix
- Sometimes need to go in and change a poopy diaper 30 minutes if X is still awake.
- Felix and I nap for 1-2 hours.
2/4- 5:30 p.m.: Xavier has random play/screen time. Try to avoid Yo Gabba Gabba as it turns X into a zombie (a giggling, dancing zombie) and want him to run around/play. Will have a second walk outside when it’s warm.
5:30 p.m.:Dinner/Daddy time- David gets home around this time, and he will usually get him down from his high chair and play with X while I feed Felix.
6:30 p.m.: Bath time and bedtime for X David holds Felix while I bathe with X then David brushes X’s teeth and reads him a story.
7:30 p.m.: Feed Felix, eat, spend time with the hubby.
9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.: Our longest up to 4 Hour sleep (not perfect math, depending on the night can be anywhere as little as 90 minutes)